Saturday, November 10, 2007

Rainy days, Mondays, and sometimes the fall get me down

Melancholy - ˈme-lən-ˌkä-lē
adj

depressed in spirits : dejected : pensive

I have a love hate relationship with the fall. I love cold weather, sweaters, scarves, and warm hats but the gray skies and brown leaves get me down. It's an interesting dichotomy really -- the trees in brilliant red and yellow, the air with a little bite in it one minute, gone the next, replaces with barren branches, a brown crunch under your feet and that dreary cold that gets into your lungs.

This mood probably isn't being helped by my listening to Death Cab and The Submarines and watching "The Last Kiss" -- anyone got a razor blade? But really, it's both my favorite and least favorite time of year. Once we get past Thanksgiving and I can put up my Christmas tree this will all fade away, but right now it kind of sucks.

Anyway, that's enough venting for now. It' just me and the "Ratatouille" DVD on this chilly Saturday (once I make it through "The Last Kiss") so maybe I'll make up for a month-longblog hiatus with some special extras.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Not familiar with the Submarines... Il have to check them out....