Friday, October 19, 2007

Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbiden

Every spring I call a couple buddies and hit the course for a round of 18. At some point during the day the following conversation inevitably occurs:

Me: ya know, I think this summer I'm gonna take a couple lessons. I think if
I had someone to make minor adjustments to help me be more consistent I could
feel confident enough to play more often and on some better courses

Golfing Buddy: Yeah, it's a great idea. Some minor adjustments can go a long
way.

Then spring turns to summer and summer to fall -- now, here I sit having golfed a grand total of once this season and having taken a grand total of no lessons. I enjoy the game, but more than that I enjoy the camaraderie. There's little out there better than three or four guys all sucking more or less equally at the game and sharing stories of women, booze or women and booze. Yeah sure, there's the goal of getting a respectable score too but more than that is the opportunity to be with the guys somewhere other than a bar or in front of a widescreen tv (both of which are great places to hang out mind you).

So next year, in addition to taking a lesson or two I'm just going to get out there more.

No comments: