Monday, November 26, 2007

Is this hell? No, it's Iowa

It's like when you were in middle school (or in my case, now) when you made fun of someone because it was just so damn easy to get a reaction out of them (Elena, you're crazy!). Iowa is just so easy to poke fun at -- it sits there right under Minnesotta growing it's corn and soy beans every summer and, ummm, doing other stuff the rest of the year.

Every four years the country remembers it exists for a few months until it chooses a candidate in its caucus that doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning it all (Pat Robertson anyone?). Eneter me...

I've been to Iowa a few times for business in the past several months and am about to set out on a 5 week adventure to the Hawkeye state at the end of the week. All I have to say to the Iowans is "you'd damned well better know how to decorate for Christmas." I don't want to see Santa eating corn -- the man likes his cookies! Rudolph eats carrots, not some member of the legume family dammit!

I will try to upload some fun stuff to this blog but if you really want to see what I'm up to, find my reporters profile on facebook as they actually pay me to update that site.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I will pay you to post a video singing "I owe I-OH-WAY for her yams, for her beef, for her hams" or however that song from State Fair goes...

Good luck out there! Will you get time off for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Hoping to get a couple days for Christmas, but most candidates are moving their families to Des Moines to spend the day there so they don;t have to travel -- which spells doom for those of us covering them. We'll see!